FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions… & Answers
How do I list my property and make it available?
- Find your resort – search by resort name or destination.
- Next to your resort, click the link “List your Timeshare”.
What is the “Juice” score on my profile?
- Members earn Juice (points) by contributing to the community (listing properties, writing reviews, writing blogs, making offers, etc).
- Resorts also earn Juice (1 to 5 limes) each time they are reviewed by a member.
How do I exchange a timeshare?
1. First, you’ll need to make an offer.
- Find a resort: Search by resort name or destination.
- View available units: There will be a link telling you how many timeshares are currently available for exchange. Click the link to view all available timeshares.
- Make an offer: Select “Make offer to exchange” next to the timeshare you want. The member will receive your offer immediately.
2. What happens after my offer is accepted?
- Once your offer is accepted, all of the other offers you made are void.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from TimeshareJuice including a confirmation number and what to do next. It’s pretty simple; you’ll need to notify your resort when the other member is arriving. They will do the same for you. The resort will issue a reservation to the respective parties. That written confirmation is what you’ll use to check-in.
How can I rent my timeshare?
It’s the same process as listing for exchange except that you’ll check the “List for Rent” box on the listing page.
How can I trust the other member?
We have a system in place to protect both parties and ensure protection for both parties. We believe people are inherently good and trustworthy and our members firmly believe in what TimeshareJuice is all about and care deeply for its success.
Our system has 4 main points to protect members:
1. Members are verified and confirmed: Members are email verified, Facebook verified, and those that list timeshares for rent have paid and therefore PayPal or credit card verified.
2. Members earn credibility: Members are able to earn “Juice” each time they contribute to the community. So the higher their Juice, the more credibility they have here. When you see a member has earned Juice, they have traded with others, contributed extensively to the community and overall earned a quality reputation.
3. Open Communication: Feel free to contact the other member by Juicemail if you have any questions. Send them a message and get comfortable.
4. Resort Confirmation: At the end of the transaction, you will hold a written confirmation from the resort. You use that to check-in.
How do I view offers I’ve received or gotten?
Login to My Dashboard. You’ll see them right there.
How do I exchange a “floating week”?
- Offering a floating week: Our system is clearly designed to easily handle the “floating weeks” concept. When listing a floating week, simply select “floating week” and enter the date range that you have access to. Use the “comments” field to elaborate (if needed).
- Making an offer for a floating week: When you click the “Make an Offer” link, use the pop-up field “Offer Details” to tell the owner what dates you want. For example, enter “I want weeks 11/1/2012, 11/8/2012, or 11/15/2012″ in the pop-up box.
How do I exchange (or rent) “Points” instead of “weeks”?
“Points” are like timeshare currency. They are flexible in how they can be used. To exchange/rent points, we suggest 2 things:
- Know what your points can be redeemed for (e.g. 1 week at Resort A, 4 days at Resort B, 1 weekend at Resort C, 2 weeks in this date range at Resort D.) You need to make it clear to the other member what exactly they can get. It might be clear to you but it is all new to them.
- Some of our successful members create a listing for each resort they can offer (they might create 3 or more listings from different resorts). Since members search for a potential trade or rental by the name of the resort or the destination, these owners created one listing for each resort they can offer making it clear on the listing that they are trading “7,000 points” at this resort which can be used for a week of time within this date range, a weekend during this date range, etc.
Don’t I need RCI to exchange my timeshare?
No. And you don’t need Interval International either. As a timeshare owner, you have the right to use any service you want or trade on your own.
How do I find a friend on the site?
Our system is designed to protect the anonymity of members but also to help connect friends. To find a friend, go to the People section. In the search box, enter first and last name or username.
How can I earn more Juice?
- Complete your Profile: 100 points
- Invite friends: 200 points each new member
- Write a resort review or a blog post: 20 points each
- Share on Facebook, Twitter, or email: 50 points each
- List your timeshare: 50 points each
- Make or Accept an offer to exchange: 100 points each
- Complete an exchange: 100 points each
- Receive a positive rating from a member: 100 points each
Keep in mind: You can lose points too Receive a negative rating from a member: (- 100 points)
The resort I need is not listed. How do I request a resort?
Fill out this Resort Request Form completely and we’ll get to work on it. Look for it on the site in 24 – 48 hours.
I didn’t get my email confirmation (to join) – Not received
Email confirmations are send out immediately. If you don’t receive it in 2 minutes, then please check your spam folder first. Since this is the first email from TimeshareJuice, it might end up there. Once you get the email, be sure to tell your email system to allow emails from TimeshareJuice. If you don’t receive the email in 30 minutes and it’s not in your Spam Folder, then use the Contact Us form to, well,…contact us. We’ll send another confirmation via email.
How do I rate a resort / write a review?
Search for your resort by the “resort name” or “destination”. You’ll see a link “Rate it”.
How can this possibly be Free? Are you guys Trust Fund Babies or something?
Although listing and trading timeshares is free; And listing timeshares for rent is free; There is small annual membership fee to be a part of Timeshare Juice. Timeshare exchange is free on the website and we will keep it that way as long as we can. As timeshare owners ourselves, we are committed to getting more timeshare owners excited about timeshare ownership again and traveling to great vacations. No, we’re not Trust Fund Babies but we are willing to learn.
How do I send a message to another member (contact another member)?
Simply click the username of the other member and you’ll be taken to their profile page. There you can click the link for “Contact Member” and write a message.
What if the other party damages the unit? How can I protect myself?
Although this responsibility ultimately comes down to you, there are a couple of points to note.
1. Timeshare resorts have the added advantage of having on-premise security as well as staff to be on the lookout for such incidents.
2. At check-in, guests are required to put a credit card on hold for incidental charges and damages to the unit.