Westgate Resorts is a timeshare development company in Florida offering 28 locations to stay at mostly in Florida. The Westgate company has been in existence for nearly 30 years and was founded by David Siegel. It is the largest privately held timeshare company in the world.
The parent company to Westgate Resorts is CFI and currently employs more than 10,000 people across the US and had revenues of $1 Billion in 2007. Since then the timeshare business has been hit hard and sales have dropped considerably. Some estimate that sales have fallen as much as 40% due to the difficulty in finding lenders to finance the vacation ownership sales.
Westgate Timeshare Resort Exchange
Westgate offers an internal exchange service as well as services from Interval International (competitor to RCI). Westgate timeshare owners are free to exchange their timeshare with any timeshare exchange service since they own their weeks.
Westgate Timeshare Resort Rentals
Westgate offers timeshare rentals to vacationers at their timeshare resorts. Informed travelers know that they can often times get these rooms for less than the cost of a hotel room and many times you can get even more discounted price if you agree to tour a timeshare.
Westgate Resort Controversy
- In 2009, Westgate Resorts agreed to pay $900,000 fine for illegal marketing practices. The charges were filed by the Federal Trade Commission
- In 2008, a former employee was awarded $5 million for a sexual harassment suit she filed against David Siegel. For many years, rumors surrounded Siegel and his sexual advances on his employees.
- In yet another series of controversies, Westgate Resorts has been sued multiple times by employees for failure to pay overtime and commissions.
- Westgate Resort maintenance fees are the subject of another controversy. Many owners have complained that maintenance fees have risen faster than industry (5% – 15% per year).
Westgate Resort Vacations
- Westgate Vacation Villas at Town Center
- Westgate Park City Resort and Spa
- Westgate Palace
- Planet Hollywood Towers by Westgate
Trade your timeshare today
Join thousands of timeshare owners from around the world. Exchange and rent timeshares from 4,500 timeshare resorts. It’s fast, fun, and free!
(Caution: Using TimeshareJuice might cause you to laugh out loud. Your family will wonder what you’re up to.)